Tuesday, January 14, 2014

el Presidente

Senor Mottie.  Bucko. Handsome Devil. The Little Man of the House. Loverboy.  Lunchbox. Porkchop. Puccini. Motchka. Mucho Macho. Sexiest Cat Alive. Ooh la la. Keepin’ the Pimp Hand Strong.  One White Cheek. One Black Cheek. Gorgeous and Sexy. Your Lips Say No, but Your Eyes Say Yes. On the Good Side of Lookin’! 

My Little Man knows how to flirt. As a birthday gift almost eleven years ago, Mottie captured my heart with that one white cheek and little pink lip.  He has been charming me ever since with “paw paws” and feline conversation.  Just look into those demanding eyes and tell me you haven’t fallen for him too.

This is a smaller (9in x 12in) painting in oils with a galkyd medium to make it shine (and difficult for me to photograph).  Galkyd gives oil an almost acrylic feel in that it is slick and dries fast, but maintains the “buttery” oil feel.  The purpose is to utilize glazing techniques in a speedier manner.  Small amounts of mineral spirits can be added, but do not dilute too much as galkyd has a nice glossy sheen.  I have also used it for drips and splatters with interesting results.  It also needs major ventilation so use with care and some common sense.  I painted on artboard, which is essentially a nicely gessoed masonite type board~ very slick with no texture.  I paint differently on this surface than on canvases. It is a nice change.

This painting is for sale. Please contact me for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment