Friday, January 9, 2015

Nestled

I keep thinking lately "be safe".  The world is harsh; only we can be gentle.  This tiny painting of a repeating motif, is titled, "Nestled".  It has been so cold, which also has brought on comparing ideas of home and shelter. Winter colors, winter thoughts.  Painted from life, my husband had found this nest abandoned and brought it to me one day.  He is always bringing me these kinds of things as they are my favorite type of gift.  The snail shells I find and collect when I am out walking Jezebel.  But sometimes we see them occupied in the summer gliding quietly along the sidewalk, and then we just say hello...
This is a  good study of greys.  I believe this will be the year I finally find satisfaction in my grey tones. Also too, this new venue of still lifes is an excellent rediscovery in refined painting and close observations. I need to get my head out of the clouds sometimes...

By the way~ you can now find me on Twitter!! Follow me so a I can follow you, ~ as my young niece likes to say "sharing is caring"
http://www.twitter.com/Zanne13_Artist

be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment