Friday, May 22, 2015

Reclining in the Pleasure of Your Secret Delights ~ completed and sold!

Hanging at our co-op gallery, TECAC, until presentation at the silent auction Chair-ity event for youth art education, this piece began as a chair, and evolved into a hanging assemblage art piece.
 The title refers back to the original intention of this framework

but also too, to the transformation of the piece as well as a context of duality that is seen in much of my work.

I struggled with technical construction and it was holding back the concept. Finally, I accepted that I was not a carpenter, I was not a sculptor, or an upholsterer~ I am a painter.  And so that is what I did and that became the direction of my resources.

 I often incorporate the horizon at dawn in my paintings.  It represents for me a great moment of power because it is the greatest moment of potential.  All things are possible in those seconds as the sun rises and the day begins.  All things.  The money raised from the sale of this assemblage along with so many others will be used to teach local youth, through visual arts, this very lesson.  June 12th, Bedford Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment