Saturday, February 1, 2014

Portrait Completed

So happy with the way this turned out and with how satisfied Rod is with it as well.  I painted quickly, in the moment, with no preliminary drawings or sketches. Direct from his face to the canvas, I am interested in the energy and the light.  I could have kept going but it would have become something completely different. It would have calmed down as we were getting comfortable and I did not want that.  I am very satisfied with this portrait and will be accepting commissions through the gallery.  Please contact me with any inquiries. Looking forward to my next model.  Watch for her in future posts...

On another happy note, if you are in the Roanoke, VA area, I will be one of two artists featured in the month of February at 2nd Helpings.  I have mentioned this gallery before~ it has a café and thrift store attached as well and is a nice place for a Saturday afternoon.  Please join Perri Mason and I on Saturday, February 8th, 1PM to 3PM for the Opening Reception.  (540)491-9405 (call for directions)

No comments:

Post a Comment