Monday, February 17, 2014

Today's Mix...

It's President's Day. What else would I be painting? (only two sessions here, not near finished)
Actually.... I am enjoying this adorable chocolate lab commission~ getting close to complete!
 I tend to paint several paintings at one time in order to get my studio hours in and be able to paint all day.  Putting in the time is very important, for focusing and gaining that momentum that lets you free up and really paint.  I explain my method a lot of times that it is much like a cyclist or marathon runner.  The race is one day, but they bike/run every day.

And this last piece is the left over paint painting. This is also an important component.  Here is the canvas that teaches with no limits, no inhibitions, no worries.  This is a terrible painting but the energy is quite exciting and I hope to paint this figure once I understand him a bit better. I love this idea of back lighting and am trying to understand where it would fall.
Overall, a rather productive day. Finally!!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, the many projects and the fluid, big strokes.

    ReplyDelete