Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Life is Just a Crantasy


"I have been figuring on this for months so I could paint about it, and now I need to get back to these. I find creationism interesting because I firmly believe in evolution. I am no expert, but I think on a certain level, faith and science go hand in hand. That in a very broad sense, religion and science both look to explain the meaning of life. Which camp are you in?"  
This began a very interesting commentary on Facebook with friends explaining all kinds of interesting points of view.  Most claimed to be in one camp or the other, but felt a healthy mix of both philosophies was where the answers lay.
This is the beginning of "Craniums and Cranberries" an exploration of creationism and evolution, their oppositions, connections, profoundness, and absurdities.  The Neanderthal skull, painstakingly retrieved from the earth, represents evolution, and the cranberries, symbolic of life, represent creationism.  Forty paintings are planned for exploration, explanation and sharing all these nuanced points of view.  
Would love to know which camp are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment