Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Where it all Happens... a first in technical discussions


The palette.  I started using this glass plate in early Spring.  Before that I had a medium size travel palette with little scoops for about 20 different colors and a sealed lid.  Though I liked that I could close a lid on it, that palette didn't actually seal very well as I got paint on the rim very very quickly... I also didn't need all the little scoops and found myself only using the flat mixing section, which, when holding the paint choices as well, turned out to be a bit small.
So I found this 18in x 24in piece of glass and started to use it.  I really like it.  Have not scraped it yet, and maybe glass is not the best material for its fragility, but I like it.  Paint is always very smooth and there is plenty of space and its got weight enough. I do need to tape the edges.  When I am done, I cover it all up with wax paper and fold under to seal.  For me, this keeps it well enough. If I go a long time without painting, I clear the palette by working til its empty or I usually have a "left over paint" canvas kicking around for experimenting and such to make sure everything gets used up.

There is a certain chaotic order to paint placement too, but that is a story for another day.
In the meantime, from now until December 31st, there is a sale on my website.  All pieces are from 2010 - 2012. 40% OFF.  Please take a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment