Monday, June 2, 2014

Wrapping Up & Starting New

   Sunday was a productive day.  I'm in wrap up phase on one project, then I opened a whole new can of worms, and in between I did some zen layering in a third piece.
   This latest in the "All My Abes" series is almost complete.  I felt the photo I worked from for this piece was unique as he seemed to be smirking.  Lincoln's humorous side is well known, and this is the first opportunity I found to express that about him. Almost there...
  After some great feedback on Facebook, I finally began "Life is Just a Crantasy".  Craniums and Cranberries.  There is something fun in the sounds of those words, and actually life-affirming.  You'll see. More chat will come as these smaller, intimate paintings progress...

 This last work in progress is a companion piece to "The Moon in Her Eye".  "Comes Round Full Circle~ Dog Star" is a tribute to canine fidelity and protectiveness.  This painting should be on view at TECAC by mid-summer. Perfect.

I would like to give a quick thanks to all the people, vendors and patrons alike, who came out this weekend to our Artisan Fair! It was a great day and a huge success.  The Arts are an important component of community and support was truly in high gear on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment