Monday, June 30, 2014

Portrait of a Young Woman

Quick start up portrait.  This lovely young woman is the daughter of watercolor artist Perri Mason.  I worked quickly to put in essentials as we were not sure when we could meet again.  Engaging and thoughtful, Ryann clearly had modeled before.  Her visage offered me a chance to play with the sun that was coming through the window as she sat peacefully with a soft daydreamy kind of expression.  We chatted and I found out about her goals and plans for her life.  So much ahead for her to look forward to~ it has added another layer to the painting. I hope to have another sitting with her to flesh out some more details, but if not, I am still pleased with where this portrait is going.  The treasures of youth.  I have forgotten much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment