Sunday, April 6, 2014

Angel Pixie

Pixie was a strange little cat.  She did not have any of the grace other cats naturally came by, but her "Cleopatra" eyes beguiled everyone she met, especially my husband.  She loved to play and she loved to be loved.  Soft as cotton, quiet as a lamb, her eyes communicated everything.  Some of her nicknames were: Pixi-Nator, Bug, Stink-Eye, Daddy's Girl, and little Honey.  She was a little girl in a big world.
This is oils on artboard from a photo I took of Pixie through a glass storm door.  The reflections are not that successful, but I wanted textures and I am ok with it.  This painting is also about grey and white, which are some of the most challenging colors for me. Of course, my favorite part was painting her eyes...
"Angel Pixie" is 14in x 11in and for sale. All inquiries, please contact me.

2 comments: