Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Painting Pixie

So this is what I have been working on at the co-op recently. Another Pixie portrait.  I am interested in understanding grey and white.  The first session sets up composition and some contrast decisions.  The second session tunes in the composition and is figuring out how grey works. (It may appear sideways and I have no idea why or how it uploaded that way. I think it is interference from Pixies' minions)


 This third session I am moving toward final placement decisions and final contrast . I painted the last part of this session with the painting and photo upside down and that corrected a lot of little details.  I still have to work in all those whiskers, soften the grey and push the sheen on her eyes so that they are as light as they appear in the photo.  Overall, I am pleased.  This is very slow going, which is unusual, but I have enjoyed painting it so far. She's almost there...

No comments:

Post a Comment