Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Jezebel Dreams


This is a painting in progress, or rather, at this moment, a complete standstill.  Taken from a life drawing, I laid the sketchbook on the floor between my feet to reference from as I painted out Jezebel's form.  Then I added the house angle for movement.  I knew I would put her in a sky and the original drawing demanded a little house to settle on her nose, so that is what's happening there. The tension in the space between snout and house is comical to me.  I had a cat that used to tickle Jezebel in her sleep then run away as she woke up~ I see this little house sneaking up on her in the same way. I know where I want to go, but I am having a hard time getting there.  This is a dream painting and a love affair with those toes!  I need to pull the color together and lay in the blues of the sky.  Actually, a bright day would lead to a lighter color of the roof.  I just thought of that~ I think that's what I've been waiting for....
see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment