Monday, April 14, 2014

Scattering

I like drawing from paused images on my TV when I am not able to draw from life.  In this top sketch, I had stopped the DVD because his cheek bones are to die for.   I did not initially want his mouth open, but he was speaking in this scene, so I went for it.  I think I captured how handsome he really was.
 Two separate scenes in the first sketch below. The top one had very high contrast lighting.  The bottom one started as a portrait, but then I noticed the man in the background. This was a common camera angle, and his red shirt provided that 60s pop of color~ he didn't even seem to realize he was on camera. It was a lot to draw and I had to pause a few times.  Still not quite happy with the arms.


This last one here, my baby cat, Petey, is just getting in the mix.  He is always getting in the mix!  I was at TECAC this morning and forgot to photograph what I had started doing.  These are from the past several days of what I've been doing to warm up in the morning.  Paintings are still a scattering mess.  Something should break through soon.

Remember, these are not for sale. Disclaimer. Disclaimer. Disclaimer.  I only own Petey and the pencils!

No comments:

Post a Comment