Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Just Before Dawn

This is an older painting, I originally named it Twilight before those ridiculous movies came out and can't bring myself to use that word anymore.  I used to sketch crows a lot when I lived in NY. Suburban crows are a little different than rural crows. They ate Cheetos left on my picnic table and strutted around my tiny backyard looking sideways at Jezebel.  Like the people, they are less relaxed in a town setting and anything more than a few gestured lines to catch their movements was rare.  In the painting, this gathering on the moment of daybreak is playing with many ideas.  Anticipation; determination; readiness.  The world of 'what is' joins with the world of 'what could be' and so just before dawn, all things are possible. It is a powerful feeling~ all things are possible.  
Just Before Dawn is in a private collection.  It belongs to a woman who lives in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment