Monday, March 10, 2014

Memories of Kingston, NY

 
Hoping these cold winter days are over.  My home faced West, when I lived in NY.  Sometimes in winter, the front would be shining for those few moments before sunset even though the sky was quilted and heavy with snow.  Some days I miss that light.  Orange Kitty used to wait so patiently for breakfast and dinner. Between me and my neighbor, he ate at least four times a day.  She also had a sanctuary made for him under her porch.  I was never able to get close to him, but we had an understanding.
This is light washes and drip techniques using oils. I used galkyd to make the house and front lawn snow shine (can't really see that here).  It is painted on 11in x 14in art board and is completely experimental and nostalgic. Some days your mind just looks away from what's in front of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment