Wednesday, March 26, 2014

NOIR


It was a Monday morning and she came into the co-op. Melanie Srsic of Town Kitchen Provisions always has a smile and warm welcome for everyone who comes into her bistro, located just up the road from us.  While sitting for her portrait, however, I found a more serious side to her.  Not the mom, or the proprietor, but the woman.  I found that her love and support for the arts runs deep as she comes from a theatrical background.  Cool and relaxed, I hope to bring out these qualities in this painting.  
We agreed on the appeal of a dramatic presence.  This is a quick first session to lay in composition and plan the values.  The light changed and so I could not go any further that day.  There are several things that I need to adjust and correct, which I like to do along the way, but I think I got a good energy.  I am going back to my roots with dark and brooding and the earring is going to be a great pop of color!  Moody Mel-Noir!

No comments:

Post a Comment