Saturday, March 15, 2014

Petey in Profile

Petey in Profile is showing at TECAC for the remainder of this month.
He has caused quite a bit of interest and I am a bit surprised.  This is oil on artboard and I have found a lot of enjoyment painting animals on this type of surface because I can create the delicate  fur and whiskers very nicely.  I laugh at people's reactions to Petey because he looks so aloof and sophisticated, but he is really quite a mama's boy!  When he cries, he can hold a note longer longer than a record breaking prima donna opera singer.  Whenever I am talking, he will just interrupt with whatever he needs to say, and usually he needs to say that I need to pick him up, hold him, adore him, then promptly feed him. Good thing he's cute...
 His nicknames include "wick-a-petey", "sassquash", "petey-pie" "spanky" (who doesn't know lil Rascals?) and "baby-fang"which came about because as a kitten, his right fang used to stick out. Some days Petey is so naughty there is talk of including him in the sale of his portrait. Again, good thing he's cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment